May 12, 2021

Top 5 Wednesday: Favorite Tropes

Hey there bookworms,

today's T5W topic is Favorite Tropes, so I will be talking about five tropes that I can't get enough of in books! T5W is a weekly book blogging meme currently hosted by Alex (The Scribe Owl) in the official goodreads group!

1. Enemies to Lovers

Yes, I'm that basic. I'm usually not a big fan of romance in books, but I can't say no to a good enemies-to-lovers romance! Examples: Legend by Marie Lu, the Starbound trilogy by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner



 2. Found Family

There are so many good books with this trope. I love a group of characters coming together by chance who end up being like a family. Examples: Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo, The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer, Aurora Rising by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff


3. Survival against the odds

I don't know if this is really a trope, but I love books that have a character who lost everything deal with surviving say, the apocalypse. Often these books also focus on ethics and the question of "how far are you willing to go to survive". Examples: The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey, Ashes by Ilsa J Bick, The 100 by Kass Morgan


4. Female Fighters

I just love books with badass female characters. Women wielding swords, kicking ass and supporting each other while doing so, that's the best! Examples: The Valiant trilogy by Lesley Livingston (especially book 2), Nevernight by Jay Kristoff, Trail of Lightning by Rebecca Roanhorse


Those were only 4 tropes, but I can't think of any more, so call this a Top 4 Wednesday post XD How about you? What are your favorite book tropes? Do we maybe share some? Happy reading and until next time,

~ Anni

2 comments:

  1. I love the Found Family trope, especially when it's a bunch of misfit friends. Six of Crows is such a perfect example!

    If you need more trope ideas you should check out tvtropes.com, that's where I got mine from. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like everyone loves Found Family :D
      Oh that's interesting, I'll definitely have a look there then! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete