May 4, 2021

April Wrap Up

Hey there bookworms,

here's my April reading wrap up! A little late this time, but I've been super busy with my internship and with filming another video for booktube (in which I gush about the Netflix adaptation of Shadow and Bone, you can watch it here)! Still, April was a rather good reading month for me.

1. Grimspace


Author: Ann Aguirre

Series: Sirantha Jax #1

Rating: ★★★½☆☆








2. Captain America Omnibus Vol. 1


Author: Ed Brubaker

Artist: Steve Epting, Mike Perkins

Series: Captain America (2005) #1-24

Rating: ★★★★½☆

Including the Winter Soldier backstory, which I absolutely loved!




 
3. Captain America Lives!


Author: Ed Brubaker

Artist: Bryan Hitch, Jackson B. Guice, Steve Epting

Series: Captain America (2005) #43-50, #600-601, Reborn #1-6

Rating: ★★★★☆

 

 

 

 

4. Admission & Deception
Author: Barry Jonsberg
Series: Pandora Stone #1 & 2
Ratings: ★★★★☆                                ★★★½☆☆


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

6. Valor's Choice


Author: Tanya Huff

Series: Confederation #1

Rating: ★★★½☆☆

I got a digital review copy of the German translation to proof read during my internship, huge thanks to the Plan9 publisher!






7. We See Everything


Author: William Sutcliffe

Rating: ★★½☆☆☆

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

8. A German crime thriller...

 ...that's not out yet. I proof read the manuscript during my internship. Review will be posted in fall before publication!


April really was a great reading month for me with a ton of different genres and some really good stuff! I intern at a German publishing group at the moment and get to read and work on manuscripts which is a #dreamjob. I read pretty much all day every day at the moment and I still haven't gotten tired of it! Also I picked up booktube again which is great fun, so I can't complain! Happy reading and until next time,

~ Anni

No comments:

Post a Comment