April 28, 2021

Top 5 Wednesday: Underhyped Stars


Hey there bookworms,

today's T5W topic is one I have been looking forward to: Underhyped Stars! I'll be talking about five books I loved but that I hadn't heard of in the book community before. I wish more people knew about these books! T5W is a weekly book blogging meme currently hosted by Alex (The Scribe Owl) in the official goodreads group.

1. Trail of Lightning by Rebecca Roanhorse

This is one of my favorite books that I always recommend! It's a Native American inspired fantasy set in a post apocalyptic world with a badass, monster hunting main character! What's not to love?! The sequel Storm of Locusts is out already too.

2. The Thirteen Treasures by Michelle Harrison

 This is the first book in a middle grade fantasy trilogy about Tanya, who spends the summer at her grandmother's mansion next to a mysterious forbidden forest. It's a magical story about elves, friendship and lots of mysteries! It's truly a great and underrated trilogy!

3. The Fearless by Emma Pass 

 To be fair, it's been a while since I read this, but I remember really loving it. This is a dystopian/post apocalyptic standalone about Cass and her little brother fighting in a world under the rule of modified soldiers who feel no fear. It was really exciting, yet I never saw anyone talking about it.

4. The Valiant by Lesley Livingston

This is the first book in a historical fantasy trilogy that I really love. It was talked about on booktube for a while, I remember that's where I discovered it, but all in all I feel like it's a pretty underrated trilogy.

5. Avalon by Mindee Arnett

This ya sci-fi duology (Avalon and Polaris) is definitely underhyped! I discovered it at the library and really loved it. There is a lot of great banter, weird technology, action and space, and I definitely recommend these books!


Those were five books that I think are very underrated. Have you read any of these? Or maybe you now want to? Tell me in the comments! Happy reading and until next time,

~ Anni

No comments:

Post a Comment