December 25, 2020

Greek Mythology Book Tag

 

Hey there bookworms,
long time no see! I'm here with a tag today because I love those and I was looking for something quick and fun to post during holiday season! I hope you all had a great Christmas, or, in case you don't celebrate it, some nice relaxing days! I wasn't tagged to do this, but I saw this tag over at Alex from The Scribe Owl, and since I love mythology of all kinds I just had to give it a go.

 

1. Zeus - King of the Gods: Favorite book


 Hands down: The Hunger Games trilogy. It's been my favorite for many years now for many different reasons. Don't make me choose a favorite out of the three though, I'll come at you with my bow and arrow!

2. Poseidon - God of the Sea: A book that drowned you in feels


I already cried during the prologue. Enough said.

3. Hades - God of the Underworld: Favorite book with a dark/ominous plot


 These are not among my favorite books ever, but when I think of dark, I think of Vicious and Vengeful. Such a twisted story with wonderfully morally grey characters!

4. Hera - Goddess of Marriage and Family: Cutest fictional couple

Malec. I love them sooo much!

5. Athena - Goddess of Wisdom and Strategic Warfare: Book with the best world building

 The Nevernight trilogy. It took me quite a while to understand everything, but the world is so well constructed!

6. Aphrodite - Goddess of Love and Beauty: Most beautiful cover


 The Ink trilogy by Alice Broadway has such stunning covers! In reality, they're shiny; a metallic orange, red and purple. It sadly doesn't show on the pics.

7. Ares - God of War: Most violent book you've read

The most violent idea would certainly go to The Hunger Games again, but being ya, the book wasn't too bad. I'm gonna go with Godsgrave, the second book in the Nevernight trilogy. Seriously, some scenes in this were hard to stomach.

8. Hephaestus - God of Blacksmiths and Fire - Scorching hot swoon-worthy character

Finnick Odair from THG? Nik Malikov from Gemina? Carswell Thorne from The Lunar Chronicles? Or Damon Salvatore from The Vampire Diaries (the tv show version though)? Gods, don't make me choose!

9. Artemis - Goddess of the Hunt and Virginity: Favorite kick-ass heroine

Again, here's a list! June Iparis from Legend, Jubilee Chase from This Shattered World, Mia Corvere from Nevernight or Kady Grant from Illuminae, who's kick-ass in her very own way (aka I just love female hackers).

10. Apollo - God of the Sun and Healing: Sequel book that redeemed its series

 I can't think of one. If I don't like the first book, I usually don't read the sequel.

11. Hermes - the Messenger God: Book with the best message

Wow, I don't know! I feel like it would be easy to answer this with some meaningful contemporary, but I don't read a lot of these...

12. Hestia - Goddess of the Hearth and Home: Book with the most relatable story


 Yes, it's a fairytale retelling, but I've never read a better love letter to fandom culture. How the author describes Elle's feelings and the atmosphere at the convention? I don't think I've read anything more relatable.

13. Demeter - Goddess of Fertility and Agriculture: Favorite bookish setting



Yes, it's cliché. But it's like coming home, isn't it?

14. Dionysus - God of Wine and Celebration: 2021 release you're anticipating

I haven't paid much attention to the new releases of next year to be honest, but one book I'm incredibly excited about is Nowhere by Brandon Sanderson, the third book in the Skyward series. The author said it's possibly scheduled for spring 2021.


That was it for today's post! I really liked this tag and the creativity of the questions. If you like mythology too, consider yourself tagged by me! Until then, happy reading - the year is not quite over yet, so there's still some time to finish your reading challenge if you haven't yet or just flip through an old favorite again! Until next time,

~ Anni

No comments:

Post a Comment