December 31, 2020

Top 5 Wednesday: Yeet 2020

Hey there bookworms,
I know I'm a day late but even though I haven't posted any T5W entries lately, I didn't want to miss yesterday's topic: Yeet 2020! This topic was proposed by Alex (The Scribe Owl), and I'll be talking about dystopias and post apocalyptic fiction so wild they feel like 2020. T5W is a weekly book blogging meme hosted by the official goodreads group over here.

1. The Girl With All the Gifts 

What would be more fitting than a book about the outbreak of a zombie virus? This one comes with the typical mismatched group of survivors, an evil scientist and an adorable little girl as the main character, and I absolutely loved it!

2. The 5th Wave

Yes, I've talked about this trilogy a couple of times already, but it's just perfect for this prompt! An apocalypse that comes in waves - one of them being a deadly plague. I really wouldn't be surprised if aliens started landing on Earth next after everything we've been through in 2020.

3. Dry

This is a ya dystopia/apocalyptic novel that deals with a water shortage in California, and it was super intense. Definitely a crazy and scary scenario worthy of 2020!

4. Ashes


 
Simply one of the best thougt-out apocalypic scenarios I've read, this trilogy deals with how the world has changed after an EMP (electro-magnetic pulse) destroyed civilazation as we know it. It's not pretty - but neither was 2020.

5. House of M


 
Yeah, this one's not a dystopia or an apocalyptic novel - but since I became a comic fan this year, I wanted to include this major Marvel comics event because it was just so mind-bendingly crazy! I'd really say this book is genre-defying, just like 2020 broke the boundaries of what we expected when the year started.


And that's it! These were five books that in my opinion present some scenarios as wild as 2020! Despite everything that's happened, I hope everyone had at least some great moments. See you all in 2021! Until then, happy reading and a safe New Year's Eve/night!

~ Anni

No comments:

Post a Comment