August 15, 2021

Bookish Life Update

Hey there bookworms!

It's been a while since I wrote something on here, but a lot has been going on. First, I started over on booktube a while back. I filmed a couple of videos and I really had fun with it and I still have many more ideas for videos I'd like to film, but here's the catch:

I would like to film more videos, but at the same time, I can't bring myself to do it. Booktube is extremely time consuming. And there's one thing I don't have enough of at the moment, and that's, you've guessed it, time.

Which brings me to the life update I want to talk about. I started an apprenticeship on the 1st of August: I'm learning to be a bookseller! At the moment, I'm working full time at the bookstore, but there will also be school periods in the second and third year. I'm really excited and so far it's been a lot of fun and all my colleagues are really nice. I'm really happy. But it's also very exhausting, and in my spare time I'd rather look after my horse and read than film and edit videos. I'm sure you'll understand (in case anyone reads this, that is. If you do, let me know!).

As for reading, I'm on a mission. Being a bookseller means I have to know many different books. I've only been a fantasy and sci-fi reader, but I want to broaden my horizon and read more books from different genres. This isn't exactly easy, but I really want to do it!

And I started with one genre that I never would've thought I'd pick up one day: New Adult Romance. I'm not a fan of romance. I usually find it to be cheesy, unrealistic and/or boring. Well, I'm aromantic and asexual, so that may have something to do with it ;) Anyway, I've started to read a New Adult book (that seems to be leaning more towards the erotica genre btw) and it isn't going too bad so far.

That was my life update in terms of books! There's a lot going on and also, I will be moving next month. Yay, more excitement and work to come! I hope you are all well. Happy reading and until next time,

~ Anni 📚👑

2 comments:

  1. Guden Anni,
    das Zeitproblem kenne ich nur zu gut. Zur Zeit ist bei mir auch sowas wie ne Blogpause, weil ich erstmal wieder Rezensionen und Beiträge schreiben muss :D

    Wenn du New Adult mit weniger Fokus auf der Liebesgeschichte oder mit weniger Drama suchst, schau dir doch mal die Away-Reihe von Anabelle Stehl an. Es geht neben dem romantischen Anteilen unter anderem auch um Feminismus. Ich hab die Reihe sehr geliebt!

    Liebe Grüße
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sue, danke für die Empfehlung, ich habe den ersten Band direkt mal auf meine Leseliste gesetzt :) Und was das bloggen angeht hoffe ich sehr, wenigstens mehr oder weniger regelmäßig eine Rezi hochzuladen, das kann ja nicht soo schwer sein ;)
      Lg Anni

      Delete