January 26, 2021

Most Anticipated Books of 2021

Hey there fellow book lovers,

I recently discovered some new 2021 releases that sound fantastic, and I still have a lot of books on my shelves I haven't read yet, so today I'm gonna talk about my most anticipated books of the year! What are yours? 

1. Nowhere by Brandon Sanderson

This is the third book in the Skyward series. It hasn't got a cover or a release date yet, but it's definitely my most anticipated book of the year! I absolutely loved the first two books and this series became an instant new favorite for me last year! 

2. Empire of the Vampire by Jay Kristoff


This is an adult fantasy by one of my favorite authors that I only found out about very recently. Jay Kristoff himself has stated it will be dark, violent, smutty and not for children - and since I've grown a bit tired of ya fantasy, this sounds exactly like something I need! Release is scheduled for September 2021.

Everyone, go read his own review for this, because it's gold.




3. The Last Watch by J.S. Dewes


This is an adult sci-fi novel that I've seen being described as the Night's Watch from Game of Thrones in space, so it's basically about a band of outlaws and misfits who are the only ones who can save the galaxy. I've been on a sci-fi high lately so I immediately added this to my tbr! Release is scheduled for April 2020!






Now here are some books I already own and finally want to read in 2021!

1. Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas

Yes, shame on me, I still haven't finished this series, even though I really love it. The final book is just so intimidating! My best friend gave it to me for my birthday in 2019 (!) and this year I finally want to read it!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2. Seven Devils by Laura Lam & Elizabeth May


The first thing that got my attention for this was the cover. Then I saw it is describes as a queer, feminist space opera, and I knew I had to read this! Lesbians and girl power in space? What's not to love?! I got this beauty for Christmas and I already started it some days ago, but I still wanted to include it in today's post.





 

3. Leviathan Wakes by James S.A. Corey


Yes, this one's old. It's from 2011 and the first in a sci-fi series also known as The Expanse (also a tv show). I'm a huge fan of the show and the characters, and I can't wait to finally start reading the source material!







 And that's it! These are some books I'm incredibly excited to read in 2021. Do you know any of them? And what are your most anticipated reads and releases for the year? Happy reading and until next time,

~ Anni

No comments:

Post a Comment