January 29, 2021

January Wrap Up


Hey there booklovers,

can you believe it, the first month of 2021 is almost over! A new year of course means a new reading challenge. I've set my goal for this year to 65 books, but I guess I'll change it sooner or later. Here is my first monthly reading wrap up of 2021!

1. New X-Men Vol. 2 - 5

Author: Grant Morrison
Artists: Frank Quitely, Igor Kordey, Chris Bachalo
Ratings:     ★★★★☆                            ★★★★☆  


Vol 2: Imperial

Vol 3: New Worlds

 

 

 

 

               

     

            ★★★½☆☆                             ★★½☆☆☆     


Vol 4: Riot at Xavier's

Vol 5: Assault on Weapon Plus


My ratings went downhill, but I still want to continue with this series.




2. The New Avengers Vol. 5 - 6

Author:  Brian Michael Bendis
Artists: Howard Chaykin, Olivier Coipel, Leinil Francis Yu & others
Ratings: ★★★☆☆                                 ★★★☆☆ 












 
3. Civil War: Iron Man/Captain America

    Authors: Brian M. Bendis, Ed Brubaker
   
Artists: Christos Gage, Daniel Knauf
    Series: Iron Man #13-14/
    Captain America #22-24/Civil War
    Rating: ★★★½☆☆




4. Beta Hearts

    Author: Marie Grasshoff
    Series: Neon Birds #3
    Rating: ★★★★☆

The conclusion to the German sci-fi trilogy. German review here!





5. The Death of Captain America

    Author: Ed Brubaker
    Artists: Mike Perkins, Steve Epting
    Series: Captain America (2005) #25-42
    Rating: ★★★★½☆

Even though I'm not the biggest Captain America fan, I loved this! 




 

6. Seven Devils

    Author: Elizabeth May & Laura Lam
    Series: Seven Devils #1
    Rating: ★★★★½☆

    Read my review here!





So all in all I read 10 books in January, so my reading year is definitely off to a great start! I'm still not entirely sure if I'm not cheating a little with all these comics, but reading is reading I guess...


No comments:

Post a Comment