October 28, 2020

T5W: Spooky Times

Hey there bookworms,

Halloween is approaching! Because of covid, I had to cancel my annual Halloween party, but I'm still looking forward to the day. I'll have a friend over and we'll dress up anyway and make pizza :) 

Anyway, I didn't want to miss today's T5W topic: Spooky Times! I will be talking about five books that give off Halloween vibes. I don't really read horror, but I do enjoy some creepy elements here and there. T5W is a weekly book blogging meme currently hosted by Gabriela in the official goodreads group!

1. The Language of Thorns by Leigh Bardugo

A collection of short stories and fairytales set in the Grishaverse. This beautifully illustrated book is the perfect read for a dark and rainy evening, and some of the stories deal with witches and ancient, dangerous magic and give off creepy vibes!






2. Sanctuary by Caryn Lix

This is a ya sci-fi novel that I've read not too long ago. It takes place on a space station prison, which gives the concept of being trapped a whole new meaning. There are also super creepy alien monsters. I couldn't read it before bed! I'd highly recommend it, and I've reviewed it over here :)






3. The Angelfall Trilogy by Susan Ee

The first book in this trilogy starts as a post apocalyptic fantasy, but takes an unexpectedly gruesome turn in the end. These books had me hooked, and I was creeped out by some scenes!







4. The Ashes Trilogy by Ilsa J. Bick

I'm a sucker for (post) apocalyptic scenarios. Still, when I started to read this trilogy for the first time, I had to stop after book 2 because I simply couldn't take it. In the end, I loved them: they're action packed, sort-of-zombie-survival novels, and they dive into the darkest parts of what humans are able to do to one another when faced with the end of the world.





5. Pretty Little Liars Halloween Episodes

I'm not ashamed to admit that I once really liked this show (even though I never finished it), and the yearly Halloween episodes were always so much fun! Just the right amount of creepy mixed with the overall mysteries. The characters are usually attending some sort of Halloween party or meeting someone who has some creepy vibes to them, and the show even changed the opening titles for these episodes.

Also, how cool are those costumes?! My cosplayer heart is extremely jealous...
 
These were 4 books (and a tv bonus^^) that partially creeped me out and therefore came to mind when I thought about Halloween reads. Have you read any of them? What are your plans for Halloween? Do you celebrate it, and if yes, do you like to dress up? Happy reading and until next time,

~ Anni

No comments:

Post a Comment