October 21, 2020

T5W: Books That Took Me the Longest to Finish

Hey there bookworms,
today's T5W topic is Books That Took Me the Longest to Finish. I used to be a very fast reader, but the older I get, the slower my reading seems to go, sadly. Still, there are some books that took me an inappropriate amount of time to finish! T5W is a weekly book blogging series hosted by the official goodreads group!
 

1. Strange The Dreamer by Laini Taylor 

Even though I absolutely loved this book, it took me a few months to finish. It's just not a book you fly through and forget about, it's so much more. Also I read this in English which is not my native language, so it took me even longer.

 
Reading time: ~ 4 months

 

 

 

 

 2. King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo


I was so excited about this, but it felt a bit too long and therefore had some boring-ish passages. What a shame, because the cover sure is one of the prettiest things I have on my shelf. 

Reading time: ~ 3 months
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  3. City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
 
I don't know how long it actually took me to finish this, but I started it twice. The first time, I dnf'ed it around the 30 % mark, but since I heard so many great things about this series, I was determined to make it through this book. When I started it over some months later, I had no more issues with it and ended up liking it.








4. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien


I read this one earlier this year - that means, I started it earlier this year, but I finished it just 2 months ago. It put me in a major slump, but I wanted to finish it so badly, because I liked the story a lot, but the writing was just terribly slow.

Reading time: ~ 8 months
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
5. Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
 
This one's a shocker: I enjoyed this book a lot becaue I love the shadowhunter world and it really showed that CC's writing has improved a lot in this book. Still, I read it for about a year. I had it lying around for so long and read so many other books in the meantime, but whenever I got back to it and read a few chapters I liked them. I have no idea what happened here, but I dare you to beat my reading time of this book XD

Reading time: ~ 1 year
 
 
 
 
 
So these are 5 books that took me forever to finish. Have you read any of them? What's a book you struggled with? Happy reading and until next time, 
~ Anni

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I am so happy that I am not the only one who struggled with the Hobbit. Can you believe that its supposed to be a kids book? If I tried reading that book when I was 10 years old I barely would have gotten past the first chapter. Whish is surprising considering the LOTR trilogy is one of my all time favorite series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg yeah, I remember my aunt loved it as a kid! I've always wanted to read LotR as it's a fantasy classic, but tbh, I think I'll just watch the movies now (I actually haven't seen them yet)!

      Delete
  2. everytime i read a cassandra clare book it takes me ages to get through them, though city of glass was the one i read the fastest and the one i enjoyed the most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her books are huge so that's understandable!

      Delete