October 9, 2020

Meet My New Bookshelves!

Hey there bookworms,

some months ago I spontaneously decided I'd like to remodel my room, and of course that included new bookshelves. Don't get me wrong, I loved my old shelves, but they were in the hallway and not in my living room, and I finally wanted my book collection in the room I spend most of my time in. So I ordered new shelves and some days ago, I had some friends over and we set them up. 

Last night I sorted all my books onto my new shelves, and I'm super happy with how they turned out! I took some photos during the process too that I want to share with you.

Here's how the shelves looked before I started :)


Here's how I started :) What took me the longest was figuring out which books I wanted to have front faced. Oh, and my Wonder Woman comic gave me a headache cause the format is so huge and it didn't fit in with the standard sized books.



After a while they looked like this already. I've had rainbow shelves for a couple of years now, and it originally took me 3 hours to reorganize them. It was super weird to separate some of the series and trilogies, but in the end, I was so happy with my book rainbow that I didn't care anymore. So of course I decided to keep this organization system on the new shelves too!

 

And finally, here are my new shelves! I couldn't be happier with them and all I want to do at the moment is sit and stare at them 24/7. Oh, and see what I did with that comic I mentioned earlier? ;) I just put it on top of the entire shelf, so Wonder Woman can watch over my room or whatever.

The only thing I'll change again is the bottom row. I ordered another shelf that's only half as tall as these and I'll put it next to them to fill the corner under the roof slopes. This will become my "special" shelf where my Harry Potter and Hunger Games collection will go - because, as pretty as rainbow shelves are, I couldn't handle to tear HP and THG apart, and also I have so many additional things like magazines and decorations that I decided I'll just make an entire shelf for these two fandoms.

I had a lot of fun with this project and I was happy to share it with you! How are your bookshelves organized? Happy reading and until next time,

~ Anni

No comments:

Post a Comment