September 28, 2020

September Wrap Up

Hey there bookworms,
another month is almost over and I honestly don't feel like I've accomplished much. I feel like I could have read more, but looking at the reading journal I keep it actually doesn't look that bad, and at this point I'm 4 books ahead of my goodreads challenge too. So without further ado, here are the books I've read in September!

 

1. Clockwork Angel (Manga)

Author: Cassandra Clare
Artist: Hyekyung Baek
Series: The Infernal Devices - Manga series #1
My rating: ★★★½☆☆

The manga adaptation of the popular Infernal Devices trilogy, part of the Shadowhunter universe. This series takes place in Victorian era London and follows young shapeshifter Tessa and the shadowhunters Will and Jem. Read my short review on goodreads. I read it in German.

 

2. Captain Marvel: Earth's Mightiest Hero

Author: Kelly Sue DeConnick
Artist: David Lopez
Series: Captain Marvel (2014) Vol. 3
My rating: ★★★★½☆

The third volume in this series takes Carol Danvers to outer space, where she gets caught up in an intergalactic war and also meets the Guardians of the Galaxy. I had a lot of fun with this one! Find my full review here! Read in German.



3. Record of a Spaceborn Few

Author: Becky Chambers
Series: Wayfarers #3
My rating: ★★½☆☆☆

Another novel in this super imaginative universe. This book follows a bunch of characters in their daily lives, telling stories about their hopes, dreams and struggles. Unfortunately my least favorite in the series. Find my full review on goodreads. Read in German.



4. Wonder Woman: Year One

Author: Greg Rucka
Artist: Nicola Scott
Series: Wonder Woman (2016) Vol. 2
My rating: ★★★★½☆

Despite this being the second volume in Rucka's series, it's a great introduction because it tells Diana's origin on Themyscira and how she met Steve and went to the human world and on her first adventure with him. I loved it a lot! Find my full review on goodreads.


 

 

5. Wonder Woman: The Lies

Author: Greg Rucka
Artist: Liam Sharp
Series: Wonder Woman (2016) Vol. 1
My rating: ★★★★☆

The first volume in Rucka's series. This takes place in the present and has Diana fighting battles against ancient jungle gods and against her own memories that she has lost somehow. Find my review on goodreads. Read in German.


 

 

6. Prisoner of Ice and Snow

Author: Ruth Lauren
Series: Prisoner of Ice and Snow #1
My rating: ★★★★☆

A middle grade fantasy about young Valor who gets herself locked up in prison to free her twin sister - except that noone has ever broken out of there. She will need a good plan and some trustworthy allies. Read my full review on goodreads. Read in German.




This month had a bit of everything - fantasy, sci-fi and comics with very different ratings. All in all it was a good reading month. I'm currently reading two books that I hope to finish in October: The Host by Stephenie Meyer (yep, I started it in August and still haven't finished it) and Erebos, a German ya sci-fi thriller that I'm buddy reading with a goodreads friend. How many books did you read in September?
Until next time!
~ Anni

No comments:

Post a Comment