September 16, 2020

Top 5 Wednesday: Reader Canon

 

 

Hey there bookworms,
here's to another Top 5 Wednesday post, and today's topic is Reader Canon! It's about books that are considered "classics" within a certain genre but that I haven't read. I decided to go with ya fantasy/dystopia for this one since that's still my most read genre. T5W is a weekly book blogging meme hosted by the official goodreads group and Gabriela (here's her YouTube) is setting the topics for us at the moment.

 

1. The Cruel Prince by Holly Black

 This is a ya fantasy fae book that has blown up all over the online book communites some years ago. Everyone was reading it. I haven't read it and I honestly don't plan to, since I'm not really a fan of fae. This book (and series) is super hyped though, so if you like fae books you should probably give it a go.

 

 

 

 

2. Eragon by Christopher Paolini

 This book is even on my tbr, but I haven't read it yet. I'm honestly not sure if I will, because dragons aren't as appealing to me as they seem to be to everyone else. (Yes, I still call myself a fantasy fan lol.) If you have a striking argument in favor of this book, now's the time to tell me!

 

 

 

 

 

3. Scythe by Neal Shusterman

 Pleaseee don't ask me why I haven't read this - I don't know. This is a very popular and beloved book within the ya dystopian genre which is one of my favorite genres ever. I have no excuse, other than that for some reason, this book didn't sound like my kind of thing. Maybe one day I'll pick it up, but as for now, it's not on my tbr.

 

 

 

 

4. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater

Another ya fantasy that everyone who's read it seemed to love, and yet I haven't read it. I've read the synopsis a couple of times already and contemplated whether or not to just give it a try, but for some reason, it hasn't sparked my interest, and I don't see myself reading this book in the near future.

 

 

 

 

5. Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Ngan

 I'm gonna end this list with a book that actually is on my tbr! It's been on there for a while now, but I'm still interested in it. True, the concept isn't exactly new, but it has a lesbian romance and I'm hoping this will bring something new to the ya fantasy genre.

 

 

 

 

 

These were 5 books that are often considered "canon" when it comes to ya fantasy (and dystopia) but that I haven't read. Have you? If yes, how did you like them?
Happy reading and until next time,

~ Anni

2 comments: