August 19, 2020

Top 5 Wednesday: Dream Adaptations

 

 
Hey there bookworms,
it's time for another T5W post and this week's topic is Dream Adaptations! So this is about books I'd like to see adapted as a movie or tv show. T5W is a weekly book blogging meme hosted by the official goodreads group where Gabriela (Violet Hawthorne on YouTube) is providing us with the topics at the moment.

I'm all for book to screen adaptations, but too many books (especially ya) have been made into movies already that ended up being a huge disappointment. Personally, I don't even care that much about the casting because I don't know that many actors anyway and you can do a lot with wigs, make up and cgi, but in some cases, casting is important for representation. That being said, here are my top 5 books I'd like to see adapted for the big (or small) screen!

1. Legend by Marie Lu
This trilogy is one of my all time favorites, and Marie Lu is one of my favorite authors. Because of that, my expectations for a movie would be sky high, so I'm kind of torn, but deep down I'm still waiting. I'd like to see the whole trilogy on the big screen, and they'd have to include all the little details like June's dog Ollie and Kaede's tattoo. Also Day would have to be Asian (American).
 
2. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
Yes, I know there's a movie already and personally I didn't even think it was as bad as critics made it out to be. Sometimes it was a little cheesy but all in all a lot of fun. I only wish they'd make movie adaptations for the second in third book in the trilogy too. The first one had such an open ending, and they could go all out with the alien stuff and apocalyptic vibes and I'd love to see it.


3. Trail of Lightning by Rebecca Roanhorse
Another one of my favorite books. This is a Native American inspired post apocalyptic fantasy and the first in a series. There's lots of really imaginative tales and monsters rooted in Native American mythology, and the main character Maggie is a monster hunting badass. I'd love to see this as a movie with a Native American cast and great landscape shots!
 
4. Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas
There was talk about this series becoming a tv show already, but I haven't heard any news in ages. I'd love to see this series as a tv show because there are so many interesting characters and storylines, one book could easily span 8 to 10 episodes. I imagine a Game of Thrones sort of show, with many fantasy creatures, beautiful castles and huge armies. I'd also love a diverse cast, for example Princess Nehemia would have to be played by an actress of color.

5. Aurora Rising by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
Feel good and fun ya sci-fi that basically screams for a screen adaptation full of awesome cgi space effects! The spaceship crew in this is made up of very different alien races that'd be fun to see on screen, and the adventure itself would just be exciting. They'd only have to be careful it wouldn't end up being a Guardians of the Galaxy rip-off!

That's it for today, these are 5 books I'd like to see as movies or shows! I'm just craving some good ya adaptations, I sometimes really miss the times of the Hunger Games and the Divergent films (although, wait, they f***ed the Divergent series up, too...) Are you a fan of book adaptations? What are some books you'd like to see on the big screen? Happy reading and until next time,
~ Anni

No comments:

Post a Comment