July 8, 2020

Top 5 Wednesday: Top of the TBR


Hey there bookworms,
for today's Top 5 Wednesday the topic is five books that you've been meaning to read this year but haven't gotten to yet. Top 5 Wednesday is hosted by the official goodreads group that can find here!
 

So here are my top 5 TBR books!


1. Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas

This is the final book in the Throne of Glass series. I am a huge fan of the series and the books have just gotten better and better. I got the final book for my birthday last year, but I still haven't read it yet because my German copy has over 1000 pages and looks very intimidating. Also I don't want it to be over I guess...

2. Aurora Burning by Amie Kaufman
& Jay Kristoff

This is the sequel to Aurora Rising, a young adult sci-fi series by the author duo who also wrote the Illuminae Files, which is one of my favorite trilogies. The first book in the Aurora Cycle was fast paced and super fun, with a ragtag spaceship crew full of aliens, and I'm excited to read the sequel! It only came out in June though so this isn't a book that's been on my tbr for a long time.




3. Promise of Blood by Brian McClellan

This is the first book in an adult fantasy series. According to the synopsis there are politics, wars and ancient gods - and mages who can control gunpowder... It sounds brilliant and I bought the German copy at the Frankfurt book fair last fall. It's been sitting untouched on my shelves since then because I haven't really been in the mood for fantasy, but I am definitely still excited to read this book!





4. The Host by Stephenie Meyer

This book has been on my tbr for many years. It's one of the favorite books of a good friend of me, and she's always told me to read it. Last year I bought a used copy, but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet. The Host is a ya sci-fi novel about aliens overtaking human bodies. The main character fights against this though and ends up sharing her body with the alien mind. Again, I'm intimidated by its sheer size, and I wasn't a fan of the movie adaptation at all when I saw it on tv some years ago. I'm still determined to read it though and I'm curious to see how Stephenie Meyer writes something like this.

5. Liberation by Imogen Kealey
This is an adult historical fiction novel, so nothing like the things I usually read. I picked it up at the bookstore because the cover looked interesting (and also the German title is "The Spy" which sounds great), and I found out it's based on a real person who soon became a personal hero for me. Nancy Wake was a resistance fighter and spy for France in the Second World War. I've read up her story online and it just blew my mind. The book itself is fiction and only based on her life, but I definitely want to give it a go and step out of my reading comfort zone with it!



So these are five books on my TBR that I'm excited to read and hopefully will get to in the rest of the year. What are some books on your TBR that you haven't gotten around to reading yet? Which ones are you most excited about?
~Anni

2 comments:

  1. I read The Host years ago! It was a great read from what I remember :) I hope you enjoy it!

    I've also been meaning to read both Aurora Rising and the Throne of Glass series... I just need to actually buy the books first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds great! 
      Starting an entire new series like ToG can be intimidating, but this one is totally worth it (in my opinion)! Aurora Rising was great fun too!
      -Anni

      Delete